COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) PANDEMIC INFORMATION
Updated: September 30, 2022
Community Counseling Center of Ashtabula County has continued to provide behavioral health services throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, both through remote outreach (telephone communication & video conferencing) and in-person services as requested/required at our main office, Conneaut and Geneva locations. Community Counseling Center will continue to follow State and Local Government Health Departments directives in regard to the Covid-19 pandemic.
In an effort to reduce the potential spread of COVID-19, and ensure everyone’s safety to the greatest extent possible, we are requiring the following from our staff members:
- Masks are currently OPTIONAL for all clients/visitors and staff in the lobbies and hallways of our three buildings (Main/Donahoe, Geneva, and Conneaut).
- Masks and/or plastic barriers are REQUIRED in provider office spaces, and in areas where at least six feet of social distance cannot be maintained.
- Masks are REQUIRED in vehicles with more than one person present.
- Masks are currently OPTIONAL for providers in community-based settings where at least six feet of social distance can be maintained.
- Masks are OPTIONAL for school-based providers, who should follow the guidelines of their respective school building/district.
We care about YOU, YOUR safety, and the safety of EVERYONE we encounter. In reference to clients visiting any of our locations or working with our providers in the community:
Clients are asked to not attend in-person sessions if they are experiencing symptoms.
Clients and visitors may be asked to wear masks in areas when meeting for extended lengths of time in enclosed office spaces.
Clients are required to wear masks in vehicles where CCC is providing transportation services.
If you need to reach your provider for any reason, or would like to become a new client, please call us at (440) 998-4210. We will continue to take new referrals and welcome new clients during this crisis. Please contact us by phone to arrange your services today. We are here to support you during this incredibly challenging time.
Our pharmacy partner, Genoa Healthcare, is also considered an essential service and remains open for business. Genoa is filling prescriptions in-person in our main office lobby, curbside pick-up at our main office, or through the mail.
Again, if you have any questions at all, please call us at (440) 998-4210 or email us at Info@cccohio.com. Please stay tuned to our website and social media accounts for continued updates.
Download Resource Guide:
Community Counseling Center COVID-19 Resource Guide